On 04/17/2013 09:36 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
On 4/17/13 11:52 AM, Ralph Giles wrote:
On 13-04-17 10:20 AM, Gregory Szorc wrote:

I agree the behavior is not expected if you're coming from a traditional
configure + make background. However, I believe automatic clobbering is
what the plurality of people want.

Can the mach tool do the clobbering then? If you're correct in your
belief that will encourage adoption.

It /could/, sure. However, I consider auto clobbering a core build
system feature (sheriffs were very vocal about wanting it). As such, it
needs to be part of client.mk. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

This should say …about wanting it *on buildbot*. I have not heard sheriffs being very vocal about anything to do with local builds. (Which means that that particular request could have been solved with an opt-in rather than an opt-out flag.)

--
Ms2ger