On 18/04/2013 11:02, Ed Morley wrote:
On 17/04/2013 20:51, Ms2ger wrote:
On 04/17/2013 09:36 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
It /could/, sure. However, I consider auto clobbering a core build
system feature (sheriffs were very vocal about wanting it). As such, it
needs to be part of client.mk. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

This should say …about wanting it *on buildbot*. I have not heard
sheriffs being very vocal about anything to do with local builds. (Which
means that that particular request could have been solved with an opt-in
rather than an opt-out flag.)

Indeed, sheriffs were purely interested in the automation benefits.

If people are really against this, we should just:
* switch to opt-in rather than opt-out.
* make our automation opt-in.
* mention the mozconfig variable that needs to be set as part of the "needs clobber" message, so those in favour of auto-deletion would only have to 'suffer' one interrupted local build cycle before setting the pref.

Ed

Having just read up the replies, it seems that it's generally agreed that this would be better as an opt-in feature. Is anyone tasked to make it such? Is there a bug I can follow for it?

--Chris