David Rajchenbach-Teller schrieb:
I'd even go as far as limiting it to 16kb.
(possibly with a transition phase during which going above 16kb only
prints warnings)

I think most of us agree, but the problem is that apparently a number of add-ons rely on large prefs atm, so right now we did set to 1MB.

Adding a warning for everything over 10KB or 16KB or something and targeting to move the limit down to that at some point would surely be a good idea, and I'd be happy about someone filing a bug and patch about this.

For now, the important thing was to prohibit the case that caused crashes, but we surely can do better and reduce that kind of "prefs mis-use" in favor of indexedDB, etc.

Robert Kaiser