On 2013-06-05 8:38 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
We had a meeting about filter implementation in Taipei.

My recollections, plus some interpolation on a few issues we didn't directly address, are here:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:AcceleratedFilters#Implementation

Markus is likely to start working on this Very Soon so any feedback should be given ASAP :-).

Something that has been bubbling around in the back of my mind for a while that I haven't been able to articulate is that it's not clear what steps bring us from the software Moz2D implementation to the hardware-accelerated, Layers-based (presumably?) implementation.

Before we start in earnest I'd like to see at least a thumbnail sketch of how we get from one to the other. I wouldn't want us to do a bunch of software-only work and then need an entirely separate set of GL/D3D work that couldn't reuse any of the scaffolding we built.

joe