On 09/07/2013 21:29, Chris Peterson wrote:
>> I really
>> wish Bugzilla could let me flag myself as not available for reviews when
>> I'm on vacation, say.  Expecting people to comment about being on
>> vacation while on vacation is, imo, not reasonable.
>
> I've seen people change their Bugzilla name to include a comment about
> being on PTO. We should promote this practice. We could also add a
> Bugzilla feature (just a simple check box or a PTO date range) that
> appends some vacation message to your Bugzilla name.

The problem is, that doesn't work on the patch submission forms. If
bugzilla does decide to autocomplete, you can't necessarily see all the
info on the name, because the field isn't wide enough.

If you don't need/look at the autocomplete, then you get zero indication
of the  bugzilla name.

The only real chance you get to see that name change is if you're on a
bug where they have already commented or filed.

I wouldn't want something just for PTOs (e.g. meetups can take up review
time for projects I'm not meeting up for), but I think it would be good
to have the option to provide a warning with a little bit of text *and*
have that a) displayed on the submission forms, and b)
prompted/confirmed if the user decides to request anyway.

Mark.