On 2013-07-10 6:27 PM, Mark Côté wrote:
On 2013-07-10 2:18 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 7/10/13 1:58 PM, Mark Côté wrote:
The BMO team is again considering switching to ReviewBoard, which should
fix this problem

How does ReviewBoard address this?

Again, what we have in the bug is diff 1 against changeset A and diff 2
against changeset B that incorporates the review changes.  What the
reviewer would like to see is a diff from 1 rebased against B to 2.

I guess that's possible if the system tries to automatically rebase diff
1 against changeset B, but if the automatic rebase fails you still fail...

True, sorry, I meant only the part about it having access to source
control.  Apologies for the diversion.

I've talked to the BMO folks about this before. ReviewBoard doesn't know what the base revision of patches are, so it will not be helpful. It's just a fancier splinter. To do this properly we need to push commits/changesets somewhere instead of attaching textual diffs, and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be a problem that the ReviewBoard switch is trying to solve.

Ehsan