On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 08:54:02PM -0500, Joshua Cranmer ? wrote:
> On 7/18/2013 7:15 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:34 AM, Ehsan Akhgari
> ><ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >>On 2013-07-18 5:48 AM, mscl...@googlemail.com wrote:
> >>
> >>          r-value references      4.3@    10.0!   Yes
> >>This is very useful.  I believe the JS engine already rolls their
> >>own tricks to implement this semantics.
> >>
> >With this we can get rid of already_AddRefed and just pass
> >nsRefPtr/nsCOMPtr/RefPtr around, right?
> I believe so. We can also add a non-broken variant of nsAutoPtr
> modeled after std::unique_ptr (allows moves but not copies).

Note that STL is another story. We're not using libstdc++ that comes
with the compiler on android and b2g. We use STLport instead, and STLport
has, afaik, no support for C++11 STL types. So, while we can now fix
nsAutoPtr to use move semantics instead of copy semantics, we can't use
std::unique_ptr.

Mike