> if you are maintaining an add-on or a Mozilla product that interacts
> with downloads, you should look into updating your code to use the new
> Downloads.jsm module instead of nsIDownloadManager as soon as possible.

We're currently using nsIDownloadManager in Firefox for Metro and will be
wanting to adopt Downloads.jsm as soon as possible (likely after our initial
preview release). However, although Downloads.jsm itself is importable from
toolkit, DownloadsCommon.jsm  - which implements a lot of the goodies around it
- is not. Looking though it I see only a couple of methods and
specific-to-desktop-UI references that would prevent it moving to toolkit.
Would you be interested in refactoring a little to enable it to move? I happy
to help where I can.

Drop into #windev or ping me (sfoster) in #fx-team when you can to discuss.

/Sam