> >>I understand it isn't at the top of the priority list, but it's still
> >>worth keeping it in perspective - I see ~6 minutes of configure for ~30
> >>mins total build time - 20% is significant in anyone's language.
> >
> >~6 minutes for a configure?! I just did a configure from a clobber build
> >on Windows on my i7-2600K (2+ year old CPU) and it took 2:10. If you are
> >seeing 6 minutes configure times, you are running an ancient CPU and/or
> >not an SSD or you have something fubar with your setup (such as running
> >a VM inside a VM inside a VM Inception style). If your machine *is*
> >modern and you don't believe you are doing something silly, *please*
> >file a bug so we can get to the root cause.
>
> I just did it again, and this time I saw 3 minutes 50 seconds from
> "./mach build" until the first non-configure thing happened.  It
> looks like it ran configure 5 times, so might not be what you mean
> by "did a configure".

Well, you could time just running configure by hand.

> I can't explain why I regularly saw > 5 minutes previously, but it's
> still 10% of the build time.  Should I open a bug on that?

Jut  write a patch to not do even more stuff on windows? it probably
isn't terribly hard assuming there's stuff that will always test true or
false on windows that we haven't stopped running there already.  Looking
through configure for such sounds annoying, but not hard.

Trev