On 10/15/2013 1:18 PM, Brian Smith wrote:
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Benjamin Smedberg
<benja...@smedbergs.us> wrote:
Do we need this data for any language other than the language Firefox ships
in? Can we just include the relevant language data in each localized build
of Firefox, and allow users to get other language data via downloadable
language packs, similarly to how dictionaries are handled?
My understanding is that web content should not be able to tell which
locale the browser is configured to use, for privacy (fingerprinting)
reasons.
I haven't heard this rule before. By default your browser language affects the HTTP accept-lang setting, as well as things like default font choices. You can certainly customize those back to a non-fingerprintable setting, but I'm not convinced that we should worry about this as a fingerprinting vector.

--BDS