On 06/25/2014 05:51 PM, Katelyn Gadd wrote:
Maybe you could use mutation/method call tracing to do a
profile-guided-optimization equivalent for JS where you record
argument types and clone functions per-callsite to ensure everything
is monomorphic?

Yes, I think this is something that could be done with it.

But! Note that we're separately working on exposing JIT performance faults in the profiler/devtools---directly reporting the kind of problems you're thinking about painstakingly inferring. \o/

I don't know how far along it is, and it's maybe too early to guess how actionable the output will be, but it's a much more certain thing than this dynamic analysis API. No meta bug, but several people are working on aspects of it. Maybe Kannan can tell more. (cc-ing him)

-j