I am currently running benchmarks to find the influence of each part of
Session Restore data on startup duration. The work is ongoing, but for
the moment, I can confirm that closed tabs and closed windows have
strictly no measurable influence on startup duration. The ongoing work
towards differential updates will remove any influence they may still
have at runtime. Consequently, I suggest we concentrate on other parts
of Session Restore.

Next benchmarks planned: history and forms.

Cheers,
 David

On 28/06/14 13:27, Tobias Besemer wrote:
>> I often restart FF because of memory use bloat - a restart cleans up that
>> memory use somewhat.  When I do that I expect all my history for each tab to
>> be retained, and to be able to undo closed tabs.
>
> History would be retained, old form data would be cleared, closed tabs would
> be forgotten, but a setting to keep them would be possible.
>

>> Or I might have to restart because I installed an add-on, etc...
>
> This solution would not be for a restart in case of a Firefox- or
> Extension-Update.
>

>> It is not uncommon for me to have over 100 tabs, and my wife has had close
>> to 1000 (obviously not fully loaded).  I'd say she qualifies as a power
>> user.  ;^)
>
> I have so much, too.

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD
 Performance Team, Mozilla