Am Samstag, 28. Juni 2014 14:03:38 UTC+2 schrieb David Rajchenbach-Teller:
> I am currently running benchmarks to find the influence of each part of
> Session Restore data on startup duration.

Thank you!

> The work is ongoing, but for
> the moment, I can confirm that closed tabs and closed windows have
> strictly no measurable influence on startup duration. The ongoing work
> towards differential updates will remove any influence they may still
> have at runtime. Consequently, I suggest we concentrate on other parts
> of Session Restore.

OK.

A problem that have "measurable influence on startup" ... not really part of
ss, but belongs to it ...

If I restart a session with a lot of windows, I do that for better start-up in
the offline-mode of the browser ...
But even the browser starts offline, he tries some seconds to reach the servers
of the pages.
IMHO absolutely unnecessary!
If I start the browser offline, he shouldn't try to load the pages again from
the web!

> Next benchmarks planned: history and forms.

Thx!