The main usecase is an editor that needs to 1/ reload resources when
they have been modified by an outside application; 2/ see when resources
are added or removed.

In other words, watching a directory (recursively) for add/remove/modify
changes to files.

Which library do you suggest?

Cheers,
 David

On 02/07/14 13:19, Mike Hommey wrote:
> libnotify != libinotify. You're talking about the former, but you're
> thinking about the latter. Note that inotify is not really well suited
> for some kinds of directory monitoring (so, depends what you really
> need), and is phased out in favor of fanotify. Also note that glib,
> which we *do* depend on has a file monitor API, but afaik it's inotify-based
> and I don't know how well it overcomes the inotify limitations.
>
> Mike

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD
 Performance Team, Mozilla