Well, we basically have the Windows version implemented already. We
could possibly use Watchman for other platforms. How do others feel
about introducing a dependency towards Watchman?

I'm not so happy about the idea of using libuv. We already have many
ways of performing I/O and introducing yet another one doesn't sound
good, unless we decide to make a coordinated effort to migrate Necko
towards libuv. Plus, if I recall correctly, libuv makes no effort to
allow access to non-POSIXy stuff, which is bad for us.

The inotify limitation on watchers is indeed annoying in the long run,
but ok for the kind of applications we have in mind, so that's ok for me.

Thanks,
 David

--
David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD