An alternative solution to templates for this use case is the following:

1) In the prerendered page's html, group preloaded resources (LINK
rel=subresource currently) into "base" and "extended" hints. This can be
accomplished by a new LINK attribute, for example.
2) The prerenderer can then fetch the html of the page and then only
pre-download the subresources in the base group.

Given the above, the base group would include subresources associated with all
bugs in bugzilla and so only these resources would be included in the prerender.

Peter