I use git day to day. I use hg primarily for landing code and "hg bzepxort".

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 1:48 AM, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in knowing how people feel about these "hidden hg" tools.
> Is going through a hidden, local hg bridge seamless? Satisfactory? Barely
> tolerable? A horrible pain point? (I noticed some of the hg interactions in
> moz-git-tools aren't optimal. If these are important tools, please ping me
> off list so I can help you improve them.)

I use some older scripts nick hurley wrote to push to try from git.. they
are basically the same model - hidden local hg bridge.

I've always been too cowardly to use them to push to anything more than
try, but I do rely on them heavily for that purpose. They work but are
awkward and often take a long time before figuring out I need a git fetch
--all for them to find the right context to push on. There is some
tolerable pain. Nonetheless I'm thrilled to have them!

I use git format-patch and import patches into an hq queue and push them to
inbound when I'm really landing things. I do something similar to upload
patches to bugzilla. Just the other day I got burnt for the first time by
having two separate workflows - I pushed the wrong patch from an hg queue
to inbound that didn't match my try-certified patch in git. It was operator
error - but it wouldn't have happened if I had just one branch named with
that bug # :)

Overall, how happy are you with your Git fetch/push workflows? Short of
> switching the canonical repositories to Git, what do you need to be more
> productive?

I'd like to be able to push to git.