L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:
> The W3C is proposing a revised charter for:
>
>   Web Application Security Working Group
>   http://www.w3.org/2014/12/webappsec-charter-2015.html
>   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2014Dec/0008.html
>
> Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments, objections, or support
> through Friday January 30.
>
> Mozilla is involved in this working group; see membership at
> https://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=49309&public=1&order=org .
>
> Please reply to this thread if you think there's something else we
> should say, or if you think we should support the charter.

Please see the threads at

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2014Nov/0179.html
[2] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/mozilla.dev.privacy/Rbm1XdfXX6k/discussion

In particular, although I think the sub-origin work is potentially
very useful, it seems to have some pretty negative unintended
consequences. Even if you don't share my specific concerns about the
potential negative interaction between the sub-origin part of the
proposed charter with respect to Mozilla's Tracking Protection work,
it is still a good idea for Mozilla to spend some time to fully
understand all the intended and unintended consequences of the
sub-origin concept and the specific design being proposed for it.

Cheers,
Brian