On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:56 PM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org> wrote:

> On Friday 2015-01-16 09:58 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM, L. David Baron <dba...@dbaron.org>
> wrote:
> > > Please reply to this thread if you think there's something else we
> > > should say, or if you think we should support the charter.
> >
> > I think in general it's fine, but there's a couple things:
> >
> > * "Confinement with Origin Web Labels" the description does not make
> > it clear what this actually is.
>
> I suppose I can ask that the description be made clearer.  Is there
> something in particular that you think it should say?
>
> > * "Entry Point Regulation for Web Applications" in a way this is nice
> > for defense-in-depth, but also seems to allow a site to completely
> > isolate itself from the rest of the web.
>
> I don't see what feedback you want me to give here.

Is this arguably a violation of the priority of constituencies principle?
It seems like it may serve the site more than the user.

> > * "Permissions API" this has been tried several times before. Given
> > that there's hardly any involvement from UX in standards, it's not
> > clear that this is a good idea. See also
> >
> http://robert.ocallahan.org/2011/06/permissions-for-web-applications_30.html
>
> Are you ok with sicking's response to this?
>
> > Also, can we request that they adopt a public asynchronous decision
> > policy? I think we should start making that request from any WG.
>
> What do the Mozillians involved in the WG think about this?

It depends what this means. If it means that decisions have to be confirmed
on the list then fine. If it means that they can't be made F2F or on calls
and then confirmed the list, then not so fine.

-Ekr

-David