On 3/11/2015 1:13 PM, Gregory Szorc wrote:
So I guess we trend towards supporting 2 build modes: Mozilla's official
build environment via containers/chroots (preferred) or "host native" (for
the people who insist on using it). Only "host native" exists today and it
is a PITA.

Using docker containers for most new contributor builds is likely to be a poorer experience for contributors than not doing so--most contributors are likely to want to run the built product on their local, host side of things rather than within the container, and if the runtime dependencies mismatch, the end result will be very painful.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer