> > I think we probably want to use a longer delay than 300ms before we show
> > the spinner. We'd also like to look into why it takes so long to
> re-create
> > the layer tree when we switch to a tab. Sometimes it's caused by a janky
> > content process, but there may be some layout/gfx improvements we could
> > make too.
> >

> I've been running with dom.ipc.processCount set to 10 for the last two
> months or so. Before, I saw the throbber a lot, but with 10 content
> processes, I can't remember seeing it at all recently. That's probably not
> saying much about the reasons for seeing it with a single content process,
> though.

I have the same experience.  (On a side note, glitches aside, the
experience with dom.ipc.processCount>1 is *incredibly* less janky,
something I only fully appreciated after using it for a while and then
running normal non-e10s FF.  I expect this is also the experience Chrome
users have when trying FF.)