On 07/04/2015 23:41, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 6:27 AM, Gavin Sharp <ga...@gavinsharp.com> wrote:

We don't have telemetry yet. I've done some measurements and haven't
found
any cases where tab switching consistently takes longer in e10s. However,
it's certainly possible that it does on average. Either way, it's hard to
investigate until we can reproduce the problem.

I see the spinner far too frequently. e10s tab switching is definitely
far worse than non-e10s for me. I can reproduce it fairly
consistently, though the STR seem to require loading my normal
many-tab session and frequent heavy use, so it's hard to reduce to
something easily replicable. How can I usefully debug this?

Install the Gecko Profiler extension if you haven't already, and profile
your tab switching.

Is there any advantage in doing this over using the builtin devtools browser toolbox's profiling tools? I thought they used the same APIs and just visualized differently?

~ Gijs