On 22/04/2015 01:26, Mike Hommey wrote:
Here are a few crude stats, gathered over the last 25271 changesets,
assuming my pattern matching worked properly:

- 1438 changesets were backed out (~5.7%)

Thank you for some stats, which is clearly better than no stats at all!

(Like everyone else who asked so far, I'm really curious how I'm doing!)

However, won't this backout-changesets-rate thing be biased in favour of people who push single csets per issue they fix, and biased against people who fix 47-part layout refactoring bugs and land individual changesets? :-)

(which, you know, if they get backed out... 47 backouts right there! - OTOH, maybe those types of csets get backed out less frequently because they're (a) more likely to have a trypush and (b) more likely to be tricky to back out if people land on top of it, so tough luck and the author has to fix in place?)

Not sure how to deal with that discrepancy between different commit styles. Thoughts?

~ Gijs