Aaron Klotz, Avi Halachmi and I have been studying Firefox's performance on
Android & Windows over the last few weeks as part of an effort to evaluate
Firefox "content performance" and find actionable issues. We're analyzing and
measuring how well Firefox scrolls pages, loads sites, and navigates between
pages. At first, we're focusing on 3 reference sites: Twitter, Facebook, and
Yahoo Search.

We're trying to find reproducible, meaningful, and common use cases on popular
sites which result in noticeable performance problems or where Firefox performs
significantly worse than competitors. These use cases will be broken down into
tests or profiles, and shared with platform teams for optimization (feeding
into Platform's 60fps initiative). This "Content Performance" project is part
of the larger organizational effort to improve Firefox quality.

This is the first progress update:

https://blog.mozilla.org/vdjeric/2015/06/26/announcing-the-content-performance-program/

I'll try to regularly post about our progress. You can can also track our
efforts on our mailing list and IRC channel:

IRC channel: #contentperf
Project wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Content_Performance_Program