On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 1:43 PM, David Rajchenbach-Teller
<dtel...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Would any such reimplementation have an effect on the ability to execute
> XHR/Fetch I/O off the main thread? I haven't checked if this has any
> consequence in practice, but the idea that all my XHR calls are executed
> on the main thread is one of the many things in the architecture of
> Firefox that don't help me sleep well at night.

Yes. One of the goals of the changes in that etherpad is to enable
doing network stuff off the main thread. No one is working on that
part though, and it's not on anyones backlog.

If you're interested, let me know and I'd be happy to point you to the
parts that's needed to archive that specifically.

/ Jonas