The Mozilla project no longer sees XULRunner as a priority project. It's not core to advancing the open web or any of our current or planned products.

As Ben Hearsum noted a couple weeks ago, we are turning off automated XULRunner builds and so XULRunner will probably quickly cease to work. In order to keep XULRunner in the tree, we need an owner who wants to keep it building and running properly. Currently, I am the nominal owner of the XULRunner code, but I have no desire to do this work or even really to review the necessary patches. I am looking to see whether there is an alternate owner who is interested in the task of keeping XULRunner building and running properly and reviewing patches to XULRuner-specific code. Please contact me if you want to nominate yourself or somebody else for this role.

If I do not find a suitable owner in the next two weeks, I intend to remove the XULRunner code from the mozilla-central repository on 14-August.

--BDS