> reverendli...@gmail.com <mailto:reverendli...@gmail.com>
> July 30, 2015 at 10:17 AM
>
> I'll volunteer to help out with documentation.
> July 29, 2015 at 2:30 PM
> The Mozilla project no longer sees XULRunner as a priority project.
> It's not core to advancing the open web or any of our current or
> planned products.
>
> As Ben Hearsum noted a couple weeks ago, we are turning off automated
> XULRunner builds and so XULRunner will probably quickly cease to work.
> In order to keep XULRunner in the tree, we need an owner who wants to
> keep it building and running properly. Currently, I am the nominal
> owner of the XULRunner code, but I have no desire to do this work or
> even really to review the necessary patches. I am looking to see
> whether there is an alternate owner who is interested in the task of
> keeping XULRunner building and running properly and reviewing patches
> to XULRuner-specific code. Please contact me if you want to nominate
> yourself or somebody else for this role.
>
> If I do not find a suitable owner in the next two weeks, I intend to
> remove the XULRunner code from the mozilla-central repository on
> 14-August.
>
> --BDS

Awesome! Hopefully you'll be able to have no serious trouble keeping up
the XULRunner docs. Please do have a look at our content and style
guide: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Contribute/Content

And if you or anyone else helping with XULRunner docs needs help getting
going with editing on MDN, our starter guide is here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Getting_started

Please feel free to ping me any time by email or on IRC if you'd like to
talk about it. I've been at this stuff for a long time so I may have
useful advice to offer if you need it.

--

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer