On Tuesday 2015-09-08 23:25 -0700, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 5:33 PM, Tantek Çelik <tan...@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> > tl;dr I think we should vote to approve these charters with changes
> > requested (but not required), based on the input in this thread to date.
>
> I absolutely think that we should only vote to approve these charters
> if they remove merging the WebApps and HTML WGs.
>
> I agree that licenses are important. But I think having a working WG
> is even more important.

So part of the reason it's hard to justify having a separate HTML WG
right now is that there's really not very much in HTML that there's
active interest in working on.  If we want to argue for having a
separate HTML WG, I think we need a proposal (with consensus from
other implementors) on things that working group should work on that
are priorities for us to implement.  And I really don't think that
set of things exists.

I think much of the disfunction of the HTML WG isn't going to get
imported into the Web Platform WG since there won't be an import of
the 200+ "invited experts" who were allowed to invite themselves
into the HTML WG at its re-formation.

What would you think about a proposal to keep the separate mailing
lists that currently exist, but still have a single WG?

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.