There should be an answer in the middle. Showing something as soon as
possible is best iif it not a half baked part of the UI.
So for example showing the navigation chrome first is good, if it is not
rebuilding right after. Then showing the app content.

But I'm not convinced any of us is the best to answer this UX question and
this is likely the subject of a separate thread.