On 10/26/15 10:05 PM, Steve Fink wrote:

> Perhaps the concern is that it's foolish to merge it in now if the
> direction of c-c development is going to end up needing it split out
> eventually anyway? I doubt that's near enough at hand to matter,
> personally, and splitting it back out doesn't seem hard.

I think it is to early to take this into consideration. There are no
near-term plans to change Thunderbird to a model that would allow or
require splitting it out. I believe there are also at least a few
components that would require glue code or a customized Firefox runtime.
For example, I don't think registering for the default mail application
in windows is something that would work post xul in a pure html/js
environment.

If it turns out there is a way to do this with new API few years down
the road and it is determined that splitting Thunderbird out again
brings new advantages, we can still do that. A lot can change in that
time frame, both in Firefox and Thunderbird.

I support the merge.

Philipp