Gregory Szorc schrieb:
If you have ideas for making the blame/annotate functionality better,
please capture them at https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/BlamePlan or let
me know by replying to this message. Your feedback will be used to drive
what improvements Mercurial makes.

I really liked a lot about the blame implementation that bonsai had, unfortunately we don't have a running copy any more AFAIK so it's hard to take a look at it.

For one thing instead of showing author and changeset (or version in CVS) for every line, it grouped subsequent lines changed at once together and showed that information only once for them. For the other, when you moved your mouse over that author/changeset "blame" info, it didn't just show a tooltip but a full-fledged HTML box where e.g. bug numbers in the checkin comments could be linked and you could call up that link (in a new tab probably) right away and directly go to read the bug that changed this code.

Those two features would be great to see in hg blame/annotate as well.

KaiRo