All,

We're making progress on implementing FIDO U2F in Firefox. The effort is
split into a number of bugs at present. First, a quick rundown of where we
are:

* The tracking bug for U2F support is Bug 1065729.
* Bug 1198330 is to implement USB HID support in Firefox.
* Bug 1231681 implements the WebIDL and the outline of the JS API. This
bug’s code is in review.
* Bug 1244959 completes the AppId/FacetId algorithm.
* Bug 1245527 implements the state machines (USBToken) between the JS API
and the USB HID support.
* Bug 1244960 expands an NSS-based U2F token (NSSToken) for expanded
integration and developer testing.

A couple of notes/clarifications about how we’re planning to build U2F
support:

* The `window.u2f` API endpoint will only be available to code loaded from
secure origins, in keeping with our policy for new features [1]. (This is
also consistent with U2F support that is built into recent versions of
Google Chrome.)
* We are implementing the high-level JavaScript API version 1.1. The
specification for v1.1 is not yet published, but is already implemented in
recent versions of Chromium [2].
* For the time being, U2F support will be gated behind preferences and
disabled by default.

[1]
https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2015/04/30/deprecating-non-secure-http/
[2]