On 5/3/16 3:11 AM, Xidorn Quan wrote:
> Then we should plan to drop Universal builds in the same release,
> because without supporting 10.6 or 32-bit NPAPI plugins, the 32-bit half
> of the build is just cruft.

That doesn't mean we can't remove 32-bit NPAPI support on OS X sooner than 53. Most enterprises are probably using Windows and not 32-bit OS X.

bsmedberg's OS version dashboard (for Firefox 42 in November 2015) says only 1.4% of OS X users were running 32-bit Firefox. btw, 16.5% of OS X users were still running 10.6.

http://bsmedberg.github.io/telemetry-dashboard/new-pipeline/active-weekly.html

Is there a bug tracking NPAPI removal?

No, so I just filed bug 1269807 (Bugzilla alias "remove-npapi"). Feel free to add relevant blocking or blocked bugs.

Once we drop Silverlight support on OS X, we can fix bug 846566 \o/

Thanks. I made the "remove-npapi" bug block bug 846566 as a reminder.