As others stated, the idea that patch cannot be altered after r+ has a massive
effect on productivity. I can't overstate how much it would impact day-to-day
work for engineers, and I don't really see an easy way out.

Even if we added "approval to land with minor changes" there's a) no way to
distinguish minor fro major, and b) reviewers will either start using it as a
default, or keep forgetting about it.

I like the direction, but I honestly believe that this single idea would make
working with Gecko a massive PITA.
With autoland my path to central from when I get all the required reviews is
already ~24h because I push the "land" button around 2pm PST and it gets merged
into central around 3am, so I can only follow-up the next day.

I recently introduced a regression not caught by me, my reviewer or tests. It
wasn't major enough to warrant panic mode, but I'm sure it irritated people
with spawned warnings and of course it has some impact on our nightly users.
I landed the follow up within 20 minutes of discovering the bug, but since it
wen't through autoland, it took two nightly builds and a full day before users
stopped reporting dups of the bug.

Now, if you add to that, that every minor change I make after my reviewer
approved my patch I need to get a re-review (and most of my reviewers are in a
different timezone), it'll basically at the very best add just another 24h to
the cycle.
If it's Friday, or my reviewer is busy with other stuff or on PTO, it'll add a
couple days.

zb.