Hi Jonathan

In the short and medium terms, it scales better than a white list and
distributes the effort of finding APIs misuses. Mozilla and other vendor
browser could still review the code of the site and add its vote in favour
or against the Web property.

In the long term, the system would help finding new security threats such a
tracking or fingerprinting algorithms by encouraging the honest report of
evidences, somehow.

With this system, the threat is considered the result of both potential
risk and chances of actual misuse. The revocation protocol reduces
threatening situations by minimising the number of Web properties abusing
the APIs.

As a side effect, it provides the infrastructure for a real distributed and
cross browser database which can be of utility for other unforeseen uses.

What do you think?

El 8 mar. 2017 10:54 p. m., "Jonathan Kingston" <jkings...@mozilla.com>