Hey,

concerns about the viability of such a decentralized systems aside, I still don't understand the advantage of blocking on an API level vs. simply showing the SafeBrowsing error page that we currently have in place.

Why would we continue to allow a user to visit a clearly harmful page?

You're saying that a user should be allowed to shoot their own feet. How would that be different from the existing permission prompts? This sounds like it could be easily maneuvered with some social engineering from the website.

Your proposal says " what happens from here is up to the browser". This doesn't really make a good impression to me as a browser developer since it appears like important UI questions are just hand-waved away in your concept.

Cheers,

Johann