On 07.08.2017 17:17, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

Can I move that stuff to a separate webidl file, which is only
added in dom/webidl/moz.build when wakelocks enabled ?
(so no #ifdef's in Navigator.webidl needed)

If you try to do this, you will get a message from binding codegen that explicitly says this is not supported:

   TypeError: The binding build system doesn't really support partial
   interfaces which don't appear in the file in which the interface they
   are extending is defined.  Don't do this.

Of course using partial interfaces can make the #ifdef bits simpler in some cases.

hmm, then what are the partial interfaces actually for ?

I had the impression that distributing (potentially optional) parts of
the interface over several files was exactly the usecase behind.

--mtx
--
Enrico, Sohn von Wilfried, a.d.F. Weigelt,
metux IT consulting