On 8/7/17 11:28 AM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
hmm, then what are the partial interfaces actually for ?

They're for use in specifications that want to add things to an existing interface. They're a specification device, basically.

I had the impression that distributing (potentially optional) parts of
the interface over several files was exactly the usecase behind.

There is no implementation usecase for them. We considered not supporting them at all, but decided the value of being able to copy/paste IDL snippets directly from specifications was worth doing a bit of work to add some support for the syntax.

-Boris