CVS history feels like an odd bar for cinnabar. The goal of cinnabar is to
enable seamless integration between git and mercurial with reproducible,
1:1 commit mappings. Our canonical mercurial repositories don't have CVS
history, so we shouldn't expect the cinnabar clones of those repositories
to have CVS history either.

Really, we should think of gecko-dev as an entirely different tool that
provides full history at the cost of being read-only with respect to our
canonical repositories. Personally, I prefer to use a cinnabar clone for a
first-class pull/push repo experience, and using searchfox whenever I want
to see pre-2008 blame.

bholley