On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 1:07 PM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto <g...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Is it technically difficult to try the technique of starting with 50px,
> and switching to 100px as soon as 50px wouldn't fit anyway?

​Shrinking until they suddenly embiggen and push half your tabs out of
sight is going to annoy plenty of people. The current behavior where they
compress to a fixed size and then start scrolling is much more intuitive.

I was originally in the "why can't I go smaller than 50?" camp, but I've
been trying 75 and it's nice. I don't care what the default is if there's a
pref, but sproinging would really really annoy me.

-Dan Veditz