Om my system ( retina macbook pro ) 70 is starting to look like a better
compromise for tab readability.

How I have been testing this:

   - change the value to a specific number, say 70
   - open enough tabs so that overflow triggers, then close two tabs, then
   open a tab ( we retain overflow until 2 tabs have been closed! )
   - count the number of tabs opened
   - open chrome and open that number of tabs
   - compare the utility of each browser

Jeff