Sorry for resuming an old thread.

But I would be interested in knowing how long that same Lenovo P710 takes to
compile *today*….
In the past 6 months, compilation times have certainly increased massively.

Anyhow, I’ve received yesterday the iMac Pro I ordered early December. It’s a
10 cores Xeon-W (W-2150B) with 64GB RAM

Here are the timings I measured, in comparison with the Mac Pro 2013 I have
(which until today was the fastest machines I had ever used)

macOS 10.13.2:
Mac Pro late 2013 : 13m25s
iMac Pro : 7m20s

Windows 10 fall creator
Mac Pro late 2013 : 24m32s (was 16 minutes less than a year ago!)
iMac Pro : 14m07s (16m10s with windows defender going)

Interestingly, I can almost no longer get any benefits when using icecream,
with 36 cores it saves 11s, with 52 cores it saves 50s only…

It’s a very sweet machine indeed

Jean-Yves