On 2/6/2018 6:36 PM, Aaron Klotz wrote:
Furthermore, can we clarify whether mingw is currently a tier 1 or tier 2
platform? Earlier in this thread, mingw was denoted as tier 2 (and it still
shows up as tier 2 on treeherder), yet sheriffs are backing out patches
when mingw bustage occurs. Tor is important, so of course we want to make
our best effort to ensure that mingw isn't broken, but this "tier 2 but
really tier 1" state is not helpful.

Tier 2 job bustage shouldn't lead to an automatic backout under normal circumstances. Normal practice would be to file a bug for the bustage with a NI directed to the author of the patch that caused it. If you've been backed out without any such notice, feel free to raise your concerns directly with either myself or Sebastian.

Note that the sheriffing team does reserve the right to backout a patch for Tier 2 bustage if it's not addressed in a reasonable time frame (Tier 2 != unowned), but that would typically only happen in the situation where a bug Was filed and saw no further activity afterwards.

-Ryan