From: dev-security-policy
[mailto:dev-security-policy-bounces+s.davidson=quovadisglobal....@lists.mozilla.org]
 On Behalf Of Brian Smith
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 4:15 PM
To: Rick Andrews
Cc: dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Netcraft blog, violations of CABF Baseline Requirements, any
consequences?

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Rick Andrews <r.andr...@computer.org> wrote:
> Brian, you seem to be saying that revocation checking adds value only when
> there's an attacker involved. If that's your point, I disagree. There are
> cases in which a CA revokes a certificate because the site has misrepresented
> itself, and revocation serves as a warning to the client.

Thanks for the clarification. Could you give an example where such a revocation
would be useful to know about to a Firefox user to the extent where the cost of
doing the revocation checking is justified?
So far, I'm of the opinion when there's no attacker, there's no problem (no
harm, no foul).

Cheers,
Brian
--
Mozilla Networking/Crypto/Security (Necko/NSS/PSM)