Great job description, Kathleen, and thanks for working toward keeping this technical capability available.

I have some questions about the financial aspects of this, or if there is a better place to discuss this issue please redirect me.

Obviously have a "resource" implies that there is funding needed to support this. My understanding is that in many cases, there is a cost to certificate providers to have their certificates included in a root store, that is applied to the expense of maintaining the root store. Is that likely to be true here as well? Is there (or can there be) an income stream associated with maintaining this email code bit, so that the resource to maintain that is funded?

:rkent