> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Kathleen Wilson <kwil...@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been asked if it is OK to post job listings in
>> mozilla.dev.security.policy. Surprisingly, I don't recall ever being asked
>> that question before, and I am not aware of a written policy about the
>> content of postings to mozilla.dev.security.policy.
>>
>> So, here is a proposal:
>> ~~
>> Jobs may be posted if they meet the following criteria:
>> * The company/organization name is clearly listed
>> * The person posting the job information actually works for that
>> company/organization and is not a contracted recruiter
>> * A single posting only (for each job opportunity)
>> * The person posting the job info is actively engaged in this
>> mozilla.dev.security.policy forum
>> * The job opportunity is a role relevant to the forum's audience
>> * The posting consists of a paragraph outline and a "read more" URL
>> * The Subject of the posting begins with "Job: "
>> ~~
>>
>> Does that sound reasonable?
>>
>> As always, I will appreciate thoughtful and constructive input.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kathleen

I would have several concerns, mostly about Mozilla's ability to verify
the criteria are met and the effort to do that verification.  For
example, how would anyone here verify the following?

 * The company/organization name is clearly listed [that the listed
company would indeed be the actual employer]

 * The person posting the job information actually works for that
company/organization and is not a contracted recruiter [that the person
posting is a W2 employee of the actual employer and not a 1099-MISC
contractor]

 * The job opportunity is a role relevant to the forum's audience [who
would review the posting to verify this?]

If this is a valid use of news.mozilla.org, then perhaps a new MODERATED
newsgroup would be appropriate.  However, that would still require
assigning staff to moderate and monitor the postings, for which there
would be a cost.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

Donald Trump claims he is a successful businessman.
If so, how does he explain the number of his
enterprises that have gone bankrupt?