Bonjour,

Le jeudi 1 septembre 2016 09:27:11 UTC+2, Ryan Sleevi a écrit :
> On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 11:03:11 PM UTC-7, Percy wrote:
[...]
> > Or we can use an offline whitelist. How about include SHA-2 of existing
> > WoSign certificates in the binary? So the browser would first check whether
> > it's signed by WoSign, if so, compare the hash of the cert with the offline
> > list.  224 bit hash * 230K certificate = 6.5 MB. Considering the Chrome
> > installer file is almost 70MB, this might be acceptable.
>
> 1) SHA-2 is 256-bit, not 224-bit
> 2) A 100KB increase is unacceptable, especially for mobile users.

The whitelist for EV logged before 01/01/15 contained around 180k certificates,
each one identified by a 64bits digest, the list was compressed in order to
gain 25%, the result was an object slightly larger than 1MB.
Today, this list contains around 110k certificates, and it's less than 680KB.