On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 08:38:00PM -0700, Han Yuwei wrote:
> 在 2016年9月13日星期二 UTC+8上午8:07:31,Matt Palmer写道:
> > If Cloudflare *was*, in fact, obtaining certificates on behalf of all its
> > DNS-using (only) customers on the "off chance" that they might want to use
> > their proxy services in the future, that would be extremely creepy and
> > unpleasant, but so far I don't think there's enough evidence to be able to
> > say such a thing is happening at present.  It seems far more likely that
> > bupt.moe was a Cloudflare proxy customer (if only for a *very* brief time),
> > the certificate was issued for that purpose, and now the domain has been
> > pointed elsewhere, and the name is just hanging around in a cert which will
> > expire in six months or so.
>
> I am the owner of BUPT.MOE and I just use DNS service.

And you've never ticked (or unticked[1]) the little "cloud" icon to the
right of *any* record in bupt.moe?

- Matt

[1] I took a support request today for a "DNS only" Cloudflare customer, and
it appeared that their root record was being passed through Cloudflare.  I
haven't heard back as to whether someone at their end knowingly enabled it,
but there's the possibility that Cloudflare automagically enables proxying
by default -- which is deplorable, IMO, from a user experience perspective,
but not something that is relevant from an SSL perspective.

--
The main advantages of Haynes and Chilton manuals are that they cost $15,
where the factory manuals cost $100 and up, and that they will tell you how