(With apologies for the off-topic drift)

On 27/09/2016 12:49, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Jakob Bohm <jb-mozi...@wisemo.com> writes:

This tells me that Firefox OCSP defaults are *insecure* and reaffirms my
impression that Firefox has completely dropped the ball on CRL handling
(Since the security-on setting is for OCSP only).

No, it tells me that the Firefox developers applied common sense (OK, the
people doing Firefox *crypto* applied common sense, the people doing the
Firefox UI are another story altogether).

(Some) People who "do" Firefox UI read this group. If you have concrete/constructive suggestions, please file bugs or write to more topical mailing lists - especially if you think there are things we should do "frontend"-wise to improve the security of end users.

~ Gijs