On Friday, October 28, 2016 at 9:06:44 AM UTC-7, Ben Wilson wrote:
> [...]

Ben,

While it's useful that you've requested these certs been revoked, as has been
pointed out during numerous discussions of SHA-1, a revocation does not
mitigate the fact that a SHA-1 cert was issued, as an attacker can manipulate
the contents in such a way to avoid any revocations.

More important to the community would be understanding why these subordinate
CAs are not complying with the Baseline Requirements, as required by the
Mozilla Root Certificate Program policies, and as required by the Baseline
Requirements.

As these are not technically constrained sub-CAs, what we have is demonstrable
evidence of several possibilities, most seriously:
1) That these CAs may not be adhering to the Baseline Requirements as part of
their policies - an indicator that their auditors may be derelict in their
professional duties to ensure that the policies and practices are consistent
with the BRs
2) If their policies document adherence, as they're required to, then these CAs
are not issuing according to their CP/CPS

Could you indicate what steps DigiCert is taking to assure members of the
public that these subordinate CAs will be operated in a manner consistent with
expectations?